Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Careers in Film/ Short Film Don’t Come Easy: Or Do They?

Daymond C. Roman: Writing, Screenwriting, Short Film, PreProduction

I Wanted to be a Screenwriter

So, this all started with me wanting to be a screenwriter. But, after years of knocking on Hollywood’s doors without an answer, I realized that I needed another strategy; because writing screenplays, and asking that they be read and/or produced was not getting me anywhere. At least, not as fast as I would’ve liked.  The literary agencies either said “we don’t accept unsolicited material” or that they weren’t looking for new clients at the moment. So, I looked for smaller production companies that would be willing to produce my work. But, those companies either didn’t get the vision, or wanted to make script changes that drastically altered my original intentions of the story.

All the Filmmaking Info We Need

Now, you may be saying, “Hey Daymond, that’s just how the filmmaking industry is. You’re gonna have to get used to it.” But that’s just it! We don’t have to get used to any of that anymore!!! In this day
and age there are so many resources available to us. I mean, virtually all of the information in the world is one google search away. I literally learned how to make movies by reading free eBooks and watching YouTube tutorials. (something I’ll be getting into in later posts). Plus, filmmaking equipment is cheaper than ever before. And on top of that, it’s basically free to distribute. So, if you want to make a film/ short film, and you want to get it seen, you can. There are no more excuses.


Create a Career in Filmmaking: Inside or Outside Hollywood


Believe me, none of this was available back when I was coming up. Every book I looked for on the subject did nothing to help me understand how to produce a film/ short film, or how to break into the industry. But now that this information is accessible to everyone, I’m going to do everything in my power to leverage it into a career (inside or outside of Hollywood). And I’ll be detailing the entire journey here; so that you all will have that much more information, to go out and create your own lot of films/ short films within this digital landscape as well. So, make sure you subscribe to stay updated with every single moment! But, until then don’t forget to check out ShortScope… [salute]

No comments:

Post a Comment