Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Welcome to the ShortScope Short Film Review Blog

Daymond C. Roman: Creator/Host of ShortScope (the short film review web-series)


Welcome to ShortScope!

Before I get started on the very first ShortScope blog post, I have to make sure I formally welcome everyone for stopping by. It really means the world to me that you’ve taken time from your busy lives to check out this blogsite; where I’ll be discussing all sorts of subjects pertaining to independent filmmaking. This site will serve as an extension to the ShortScope short film review show on YouTube. Which, if you haven’t seen yet, make sure you check it out, because (as far as I’m concerned) the medium of short films is where the rubber meets the road in the industry of filmmaking.

What is ShortScope?

ShortScope is about giving filmmakers a platform to showcase their work to a general audience and
other filmmakers. And, who knows, maybe one day we can all say that we remember ‘such and such’ way back when. I mean, this medium is how loads of legendary filmmakers got their start. Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron, and many others were able to get their foot into the Hollywood door by the success of a short film.

-Short films produced by today's filmmaking greats: Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron, and many others.

Daymond C. Roman: From Indie to Hollywood

I’ll also explain how I became a filmmaker, the challenges I face as a filmmaker, and my overall journey (as I go from indie to Hollywood). For example, I’ll be detailing how I learned to shoot and edit a motion picture virtually on my own. I’ll also be giving a behind the scenes account of everything it’s taking to produce my next short film, BloodGuilt (currently in Preproduction). And on top of that, I’m gonna discuss the work I’ve done on major Hollywood productions like ‘Independence Day Resurgence’, the upcoming Wolverine sequel ‘Logan’, and many others. So, make sure you subscribe to stay updated with every single moment; because trust me, if you’re a fan of movies, independent films, short films, the filmmaking process, or you just want to be a part of something special, you’re not gonna want to miss a thing. But, in the meantime, don’t forget to check out ShortScope[salute]

No comments:

Post a Comment